Kai Tak Sports Park
Ei was contracted to provide the PMY work-stream teams with strategic project management advice and services and is provide systems integration subject matter expert services and advice for the Audio Visual and Broadcast Integration project work-streams.
- Kai Tak Sports Park is a multi-purpose sports venue that is being built at the site of the former Kai Tak Airport in Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- The Main Stadium will have a fixed seating capacity of 50,000, a retractable roof and flexible pitch surface that can host a wide range of events in any weather.
- The Indoor Sports Centre will have a seating capacity of up to 10,000, with 80% of the seats retractable or removable that caters for different events.
- The Public Sports Ground will have a seating capacity of 5,000, suitable for hosting school sports days, athletics meets, local football and rugby matches
- The public open space will cater to a diverse range of user groups from community and participatory sports, active recreation, and sports events. It is composed of a rich tapestry of activity and education zones, galleries, trails and elements that honour the iconic Kai Tak Airport and heritage.